:: ...the best frosting recipe ever? Well for all you bakers out there, how many of you have found the perfect frosting recipe? Well I think I have found mine! I have been in search of it for the longest time and behold, I have found it. If you have a perfect one can you please leave me a comment and tell me just to make sure that I have fond the best =) Ok so here it is, give it a try and let me know::
*1/2 cup salted butter (room temp)
*1/2 cup unsalted butter (room temp)
*1 cup of shortening
*cap full of desired flavoring
*1/2 bag of icing sugar
*2-4 tablespoons of very cold milk
~ First whip butter(s) and shortening together until nice and fluffy
~ Add flavoring
~ Add 1/4 of the icing sugar and then a tablespoon of the milk (repeat)
~ then add your coloring
(this should frost about 24 cupcakes)
TA-DAH!
I tried three different flavorings last night just for fun, the blue one is bubblegum, the yellow one is lemon, and the pink one is cotton-candy. Bobby tried and stamped his approval on the blue bubblegum =)
Enjoy! -XOX-
6 comments:
where on earth do you get bubble gum and cotton candy flavoring??? I'm sure Halle would be interested in those! love, Jessi
haha, I second Jessi's comment on where do you get those flavours!?
Anyway, it's been awhile since I've made a comment... I really haven't had much time for blogging at all this past week! I love reading your blog though Elyshia... and you are blossoming into your role as a wonderful wife to Bobby! haha, with all the baking, cooking and house decor, what more could he ask for!? lol
Blessings to you!.. and the next time I make some cupcakes I'm going to try out your recipe. ;)
Haha, I found the flavoring at Scoop'n'save on fraser hwy right before the one way street =) They have lots of different flavors! My next try is going to be marshmellow and peanutbutter.
what is this scoop and save???:)
Crystal,
Its heaven on earth =) Its a store dedicated to all baking needs, everything you can think of and then some.
Elyshia
Hey Elyshia, as you may have already noticed I made my blog private... do you mind emailing me so I can send you an invite? anita.klause@gmail.com. Thanks, and blessings to ya!
Post a Comment